Western Journal of Emergency Medicine
If the first author of the accepted article is a full-time member of a WestJEM department subscription, the article processing fee for up to three manuscripts per academic year is waived for an accepted article. This link allows authors with accepted WestJEM manuscripts to submit the article processing fee (APF) of $1000 or contact us to become a department subscriber. Although we encourage department subscriptions for the ability to waive and save on the APF (and to also financially support the journal), the fee can also be discounted by being a member of one of our major society sponsors (California ACEP, ACOEP and Cal/AAEM). Feel free to contact your society or email us if unsure. This fee is only required for accepted manuscripts.
WestJEM will waive the article processing fee after the article has been accepted for articles in which the first author comes from a low income or lower middle income countries. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you meet one of these categories for waiver of the fee.
Additional benefits of a $800 faculty department subscription include:
- Waived WestJEM article processing fees (APF) for up to 3 accepted research manuscripts with first authors that are faculty members from a subscribing department (up to $3000 waiver in WestJEM APF per subscription year). APF for additional accepted WestJEM manuscripts will be discounted by 20%. There is never a fee to submit a manuscript to WestJEM or CPC-EM
- Discount of 20% on APFs of an accepted manuscript in the Clinical Practice and Cases in Emergency Medicine (cpcem.org) when the first author is a faculty member from a subscribing department. This discount is applied to the full price of each article type:
- CPC-EM Image – Discounted price $400 (rather than $500)
- CPC-EM Case Report – Discounted price $600 (rather than $750)
- CPC-EM Case Series (3 or more cases) – Discounted price $800 (rather than $1,000)
- Included 6 WestJEM full-text open access electronic issues, 4 CPC-EM full-text electronic issues for faculty members.
- Free electronic full text issues of WestJEM and CPC-EM to all residents of department sponsors. Great residency and educational benefit.
- Free WestJEM special issue print distribution.
- Free WestJEM.com postings of your department’s CME advertisements that are consistent with the ethical policies of our journal sponsors and align with AAEM’s mission. This can substantially save on the cost of advertising.
- Free online advertising of your department’s job postings on our Academic Job Board that are consistent with the ethical policies of our journal sponsors. This can save further on required job postings.
- Early-bird announcements of open reviewer and section editor positions
- Up-to-date reports on WestJEM news and author press releases through emailed eNewsletters.
- If you would like to become a department subscriber click here. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 1-800-884-2236 (and ask for the Western Journal of Emergency Medicine).
Please click here for the article processing fee payment portal.
Updated June 2020