Western Journal of Emergency Medicine
This link allows authors with accepted WestJEM manuscripts to submit the APF of $1000 or contact us to become a department subscriber.
The CPC-EM Article Processing Fee can be found here.
If the first author of the accepted article is a full-time member of a WestJEM department subscription, the article processing fee (APF) for up to three manuscripts per academic year is waived for an accepted article. Although we encourage department subscriptions for the ability to waive and save on the APF (and to also financially support the journal), the fee can also be discounted if the first author is a full voting member of one of our major society sponsors (California ACEP, ACOEP and Cal/AAEM). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. This fee is only required for accepted manuscripts.
Additional benefits of a $800 faculty department subscription include:
- Waived WestJEM article APF for up to 3 accepted research manuscripts with first authors that are faculty members from a subscribing department (up to $3000 waiver in WestJEM APF per subscription year). APF for additional accepted WestJEM manuscripts will be discounted by 20%. There is never a fee to submit a manuscript to WestJEM or CPC-EM
- Discount of 20% on APFs of an accepted manuscript in the Clinical Practice and Cases in Emergency Medicine (cpcem.org) when the first author is a faculty member from a subscribing department.
- Included 6 WestJEM full-text open access electronic issues, 4 CPC-EM full-text electronic issues for faculty members.
- Free electronic full text issues of WestJEM and CPC-EM to all residents of department sponsors. Great residency and educational benefit.
- Free WestJEM special issue print distribution.
- Free WestJEM.com postings of your department’s CME advertisements that are consistent with the ethical policies of our journal sponsors and align with AAEM’s mission. This can substantially save on the cost of advertising.
- Free online advertising of your department’s job postings on our Academic Job Board that are consistent with the ethical policies of our journal sponsors. This can save further on required job postings.
- Early-bird announcements of open reviewer and section editor positions
If you would like to become a department subscriber click here. In order to become a department subscriber, the yearly fees must be paid directly by an academic department. This option is not available for individual physicians. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or call 1-800-884-2236 (and ask for the Western Journal of Emergency Medicine).
WestJEM is able to offer to waive the article processing fee after the article has been accepted for articles in which the first author is paying independently and comes from a low income or lower middle income countries. Waiver requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Please click here for the article processing fee payment portal.
Updated July 2020