WestJEM and CPC-EM offer the following option to significantly reduce the article processing fees. We encourage all academic departments with research or a residency program to become a supporter with a department subscription:
- Waived WestJEM article processing fees (APF) for up to 2 accepted research manuscripts with first or last authors that are faculty or resident members from a subscribing department (saving up to $2000 in WestJEM APF per subscription year). APF for additional accepted WestJEM manuscripts will be discounted by 20%. There is never a fee to submit a manuscript to WestJEM or CPC-EM
- Included 6 electronic full-text issues of WestJEM, 4 electronic full-text issues of CPC-EM, and access to special issues throughout the year.
Additional benefits of a $900 faculty department subscription include:
- Discount of 20% on APFs of an accepted manuscript in the Clinical Practice and Cases in Emergency Medicine (cpcem.org) when the first or last author is a faculty or resident member from a subscribing department. This discount is applied to the full price of each article type:
- CPC-EM Image – Discounted price $400 (rather than $500)
- CPC-EM Case Report – Discounted price $600 (rather than $750)
- CPC-EM Case Series (3 or more cases) – Discounted price $800 (rather than $1,000)
- Free WestJEM.com postings of your department’s CME advertisements that are consistent with the ethical policies of our journal sponsors and align with AAEM’s mission. This can substantially save on the cost of advertising.
- Free online advertising of your department’s job postings on our Academic Job Board that are consistent with the ethical policies of our journal sponsors. This can save further on required job postings.
- Early-bird announcements of open reviewer and section editor positions
If you would like to become a department subscriber click here. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-884-2236.
**WestJEM retains the right to change the department subscription guidelines and benefits for financial or other reasons.
Last updated February 2023