Western Journal of Emergency Medicine
If the first author of the accepted article is a full-time member of a WestJEM department subscription, the article processing fee for up to three manuscripts per academic year is waived for an accepted article. This link allows authors with accepted WestJEM manuscripts to submit the article processing fee of $500 for articles accepted after January 1, 2018. This fee is only required for accepted manuscripts.
WestJEM will waive the article processing fee after the article has been accepted for articles in which the first author comes from a low income or lower middle income countries. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you meet one of these categories for waiver of the fee.
Additional benefits of a $800 faculty department subscription include:
- Waived article processing fees (APF) for up to 3 manuscripts with first authors that are faculty members from a subscribing department (up to $1200 waiver in APF).
- Included up to 4 print issues per year and 6 electronic full-text issues per year for faculty.
- Free electronic full text issues to all residents of department sponsors.
- Free WestJEM.com postings of your department’s CME advertisements that are consistent with our journal sponsors.
- Free online advertising of your department’s job postings on our Academic Job Board that are consistent with our journal sponsors.
- Up-to-date reports on WestJEM news and author press releases through emailed eNewsletters.
- Early-bird announcements of open reviewer and section editor positions (Reviewers will receive CME credit).
- 15% discount on CPC-EM article processing fees with first authors that are faculty members from a subscribing department.
Please click here for the article processing fee payment portal.
Updated April 24, 2019