As of September 2016, submission categories of “Case Reports” and “Images”, if accepted, will be published in a related but separate journal, “Clinical Practice and Cases in Emergency Medicine (CPC-EM).” This case report journal will be on-line only (no print), and will be included in PubMed and PubMed Central indices with PubMed ID number in short order.
Original research papers, reviews, case series, editorials and commentaries will continue to be published, if accepted, in Western Journal of Emergency Medicine: Integrating Emergency Care with Population Health (WestJEM), the premier open-access journal in emergency medicine.
Submission Guideline Author Checklist:
- Blinded for review
- Submitted in a Microsoft Word document
- Double Spaced (except references)
- Structures abstract
- Images and figures also uploaded in an image document (jpeg, tiff etc.) under supplemental files
- Images have a minimum resolution of 300 dots per inch (DPI) and line art figures have a minimum resolution of 600 DPI
- Figures and images have white or black arrow(s) identifying important findings in addition to figure legends
- Case reports and Images of Ultrasound must have an accompanying video with proper labels/narration
- All supplemental materials are de-identified
- Figures and tables are mentioned within the text of the article
- References should follow the American Medical Association Citation Style Guide, available at http://www.lib.jmu.edu/citation/amaguide.pdf
For full submission guidelines, please check under the “For Authors” tab on our homepage.
TO SUBMIT YOUR MANUSCRIPT CLICK HERE
Last updated December 8, 2014